Sunday, April 18, 2010

KC Pet Expo weekend!

Aki, Taylor & I volunteered to work in the MSIR (Midwest Shiba Inu Rescue) booth at the expo downtown. The dogs LOVE riding in the car! (Remember this image; it's a good contrast to the last one at the end of this post.) Oh boy!!!
Hey! Halfway Home Pet Adoptions made a large banner with my artwork. Cool!!!
We were reunited with Polly, the little 14-month-old shiba that we picked up from the Gardner airport. She was still looking for a home (as was Titan, a black & tan male).
I've never seen Polly not smile. Happiest dog ever:
...except when her manic puppy energy gets Aki riled up, that is:
Kathy's niece & nephew helped out on Sunday. They are awesome kids, & so great with the dogs!!!
Taylor, always a whore for bellyrubs:
Aki likes to chew on Taylor...
...but protests a kiss on the face!
The dogs were great, putting up with hundreds of people stopping to pet them. By this point on Sunday they were really getting worn out, so they greeted everyone from this cozy bed:
...or just watched the legs walk by...
Across from our booth were Pug Rescue & Saluki Rescue. Look at the mugs on these pugs! Like grumpy old men melting into the chair:
The Humane Society & many other smaller rescue organizations had booths. The goal for the weekend was 500 adoptions at the Expo. Still waiting to hear if the goal was met, but both Polly & Titan look like they will soon be in new, permanent homes!
Nice to know I'm not the only one who spoils my dogs. Here's proof:
Flyball trials: almost too fast for my camera!
I don't know who designed these shirts for Boston Terrier rescue,
but they are NICE.
This photo says it all. We are tired.
Saturday afternoon when we got home, I let the dogs into the backyard & went inside to change clothes so I could mow the lawn. By the time I got outside, both dogs were curled up into little shiba-balls and were fast asleep in the middle of the yard. I started mowing, getting closer & closer, and finally realized that I was going to have to physically move the dogs so I could finish mowing. Their ears didn't even twitch from the noise.

1 comment: