Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mainely Bar Harbor

   You can't throw a stick in Maine without hitting a lobster reference, and Bar Harbor is no exception. (Not that I mind; I had some delectable form of lobster for every single lunch AND dinner while I was there, and you didn't hear me complaining about it!) These beauties were "souvenirs" from Parkside Restaurant: a lobster bib, towelette, and a beautifully presented baked lobster, stuffed with lobster, crab and seasoned bread crumbs.
   I needed to walk off said dinner, so I did some shopping on the island. Although people I've spoken with complain that Bar Harbor is garish & touristy, I have to disagree. Yes, of course, it's where everyone goes for summer. But they really have some gems among the shops, restaurants and bed & breakfasts. Spruce & Gussy, for example, was a darling boutique filled with unique art & gifts, housewares and an incredible selection of baby items, including too-cute animal mugs from Japan (I wanted them all but only Panda followed me home):
For the most part I'm not a "Life is Good" fan (crappy drawings), however, they've clearly hired an illustrator or just come a long way: they had tons of adorable stuff! 
   There was also a ton of pretty Tourmaline jewelry, but of course the pieces I liked were all way out of my price range. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment