Friday, August 27, 2010

ART UNLEASHED 2010

   Art Unleashed was a great success (and a TON of fun!) tonight, with over 500 pieces of artwork for the silent & live auctions. The live auction + fund-a-need raised about $22k, and the total for the whole event was about $74k! The auction was held in Hale Arena at the American Royal complex again, which was a nice, big space to accommodate the crowd. At 6:15 when it opened:
My shirts for sale & yard art for the raffle:
Donna, Madeline & me, ready for fun!
A reminder of why we're all here:
The long table of "doodles" (small Masonite squares):
Rie's giant dog pillow. So funny!
   Robin's mom made this awesome quilt out of Humane Society shirts over the years. Can you guess which ones are mine? (Hint: I can spot 10.) I bid & lost.
A great Dane:
One of Kelley's purses:
Great Revilo cartoon (I bid & lost):
   Ceramic tiger head by an 11-year-old girl. Perfect for me, since I was born in the year of the tiger!
Another one of her works (I bid & lost):
Love this flat cat plush:
A panel of dog & koala art:
One of Tad's prints (I bid & lost):
Checking out the doodles:
Wolf head by Joni, and purse by Kelley:
lsrael's painting (I bid & bid & bid & lost!):
The silent auction comes to a close:
And the live auction begins! Robin & Brett Anthony, Meteorologist on NBC Action News:
Jana's cute prints:
Donna's incredible mosaic of Steph's chihuahua, Diego:
Jeri & Robin show off a painted chair:
The Nigro brothers serve as auctioneers & get the crowd going:
Whoa!!!
Our group piece made the live auction!!!
Robin shows it off:
   Kelly & me with the winner. We were SO THRILLED with the total. I had goosebumps the whole time & about fainted when it was all over. 
   Connie, Randy & Amber with their haul, which included Kelley's fish purse, Anthony's dog head & Israel's painting:
Here's one of the pieces I brought home: a beaded cat by Lynda Calvert-Weyent. I also won the tiger head ceramic (above) & a pet photography session by VanDeusen Photography! That makes up for being outbid on EVERYTHING last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment