Friday, August 27, 2010

My kind of leadership

   We had a "day away" with our leadership team today and spent much of it talking about our Myers-Briggs types, which I personally find fascinating. (I'm a raging ESTJ, in case you couldn't tell.) But before we even got going, Dave told me that Gary had posted something on Facebook about a rabbit that had fallen into his backyard pond, which he successfully resuscitated, and urged me to draw it (as if it takes any arm-twisting at all).  Here is Gary's post: "Something about where we live makes us a magnet for woodland creatures. Last night Kellee and Taylor startled a rabbit in the dark which prompted it to leap in our fish pond. It struggled for a few minutes before I could grab it with my hand. It wandered off after about an hour of recovering." And my drawing:
   After our fabulous taco bar lunch, we switched over to "Fierce Conversations" (A book that has the most gratuitous use of circle R & TM symbols I have ever seen. The author seems to think she owns every word in the English language! But I digress.) Our facilitator mentioned something about an African dung beetle who stores up dung on his back, so that when approached he can fling it at his enemies. I'm SURE there was some work tie-in that I missed. I heard Gary's camera phone go off, and minutes later had this on my Blackberry. It's our coworker, Dave, saving up some dung. Remind me to steer clear of him!
   Later, Frank used the phrase, "eat that frog," meaning that you should tackle your least palatable task first in order to avoid procrastination. So I sent this to Gary:
Mom, if you're reading this, I swear to God that I do actual WORK at work. Occasionally.   And Gary... Chapstick33.

2 comments:

  1. I realllly like that dung beetle analogy. It is so true of humans...not to our credit.

    BTW, I'm an INFJ! I love me some "J." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen--I am laughing so hard at this--and I had Lee read it too, so he can know how crazy we are. :)

    Chapstick444

    ReplyDelete