Sunday, August 8, 2010

Race for the Cute

   Following Race for the Cure, I raced home to relax on the deck with a fresh cup of coffee, my souffle from Panera, and the KC Star, with all four of my pets outside with me. (It was just after 9 am, so it was still pleasantly cool & breezy... unlike the 100+ degree temperatures later in the day!) I opened up the paper & saw more of my artwork in the ads:
   It's always cool to see my work printed & out there for the world to see... but admittedly less so when the earliest, rough version of my color logo was accidentally sent to the printer: the animals have black paint on their feet, but blue paint is being spilled. awesome. (And by "awesome," I mean "dammit!") That's the last time I send a rough file to anyone without a big ugly watermark over the art to make sure it doesn't happen again.
   Frustration aside, I was really enjoying my early Sunday breakfast outside. Until I glanced off the deck & noticed that SOMEONE had helped themselves to breakfast. The grease trap had been pulled out from under the grill. Again!
And here's the adorable culprit now, lounging in a deck chair:
And his partner in crime, sprawled out on the couch:
And just to be fair, here's Gypsy doing "maneki neko":
And Atom hanging out on the rug:

No comments:

Post a Comment