Sunday, August 8, 2010

Race for the Cure

   This morning was the annual Kansas City Race for the Cure, my second time participating. And just like last year, it was an amazing event; over 30,000 people registered to walk or run! The whole downtown area was a sea of pink. And while I didn't beat my time from last year, I was just happy to finish strong, given that my knee & hip are still bothering me. My new inhaler helped me breathe & I felt better after the race. I came in 801 out of 1869 runners, with a time of 29:04 (9:23 pace). I then limped to Panera to treat myself to a bacon & spinach egg souffle. Totally worth the pain!
   I wasn't able to carry my camera (it's a little large to hold while running 3 miles), so I found these photos online. The top one is courtesy of KCTV5. Next is from Fox4KC. The race start photo is from the KC Star (hint: you won't see me at the front of the pack!) And the last one is from the event's Facebook page. This year's event was expected to raise over $1 million.
My playlist included: On to the next one (Jay-Z); The DJ got us falling in love again (Usher f. Pitbull); Power (Kanye f. Dwele), Closer (Ne-yo); Sugar (Flo Rida f. Wynter), Hot stuff [let's dance] (Craig David); Starstrukk (3OH!3 f. Katy Perry)

No comments:

Post a Comment