Thursday, September 2, 2010

Now I have to move.

Actual size of spider found in my basement this morning.
If I don't report to work tomorrow, avenge my death!


   Spider-wise, I much prefer the smaller, cuter jumping variety, like the one I found in the bathroom a couple weeks ago. They look SO much less harmful. Perfect illustration of how a simple change in proportions can change your perception. Spider above = large, with long skinny legs and a longer body. Spider below = smaller and squattier, with fatter body & legs and less definition between head & body. It's inherently cuter.  (But I don't want to touch either one!) The Japanese call this style "super deformed."

5 comments:

  1. This is toooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on, it's just wittle garden spider. Ain't she jus the cutest wittle thing you've ever seen in you entire life? Awww. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, it's just a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, I misspelled my own name. Lame.

    ReplyDelete