Monday, December 6, 2010

That's a wrap!

   Update 12/9/10: just received word that because the Humane Society successfully filled 132 three-hour shifts with volunteers, The Plaza will be donating $7,500 to the shelter animals—and that amount will save the lives of 150 homeless animals!
    I got a text this afternoon that another volunteer was needed for gift wrapping tonight and headed to the Plaza after work. I worked with Barb, the sister in law of a coworker who also happens to be an HSGKC board member. We had a blast. She works at Starlight Theater and was super-fun to talk with as we folded tissue paper and wrapped a couple of gifts.
   I left at 8:30 because we had a couple of last-minute gifts come in for wrapping, so we each took one and stayed late. In my haste to get out of the cold and get home and eat, I totally forgot to run by Urban Outfitters to pick up the "Japanese Dog Calendar" (aka shiba inu calendar) that Alison tipped me off to. As you might expect, when my dogs learned this they were furious. Be nice, guys... Santa is watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment