Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard 2011

Oh, the DRAMA today!
Snowmaggedon
Snowpocalypse
Snowstradamus
Snowtorious B.I.G.
 Snownami
Snownado
Snowicide
SnOMG
Blizzaster
Blizzaro
Blizzard of Oz
   In case you haven't heard, it's snowing in KC and EVERYONE IS FREAKING THE F*** OUT.  Like most un-crazy people, I am working from home today, because the news was saying that no one should be on the roads this afternoon. Looks like we may actually get the 6-16" of snow they were predicting. When I woke up at 6:30, there was barely a dusting. And now there are at least 6-7" on my deck. It's a white-out. 
   The airport shut down. All the schools are closed. The Humane Society closed. Britten texted me to let me know that all of the locations of our gym are closed. (No yoga tonight. Bummer.) And I am sitting on the couch with two dogs on my legs and two cats nestled up on my shoulders, writing year-end performance reviews for my staff of ten. It's kind of fun feeling like a kid on a "snow day." But I have to admit, I'm itching to be out there braving the roads and finding a hill to try out my virgin snowboard. We'll have to see what I can do about that...
   My favorite photo of the blizzard so far, posted on Facebook by Gary Becker. Taken on 12th Street, looking north on Baltimore:
   By the time the 10:00 news rolled around, highways were closed, they were telling everyone to stay off the roads for the next 24 hours, and the entire state of Missouri declared a state of emergency! All I can say is that it's no fun shoveling 12+" of snow off the driveway all at once, and thank goodness I have 4-wheel drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment