Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fate... again?

    As the shuttle picked me up at 5 am (shudder) to take me to the Oakland airport, I boarded and settled next to a friendly-looking woman who was clearly perkier in the early morning than me. She introduced herself as Pam, which of course made me do a bit of a double-take, based on meeting another Pam on a Supershuttle almost exactly a year ago.
   I spent the whole shuttle ride and the couple of hours prior to boarding the airplane talking with Pam. We sat and drank our coffee and ate our delicious breakfast croissant sandwiches (take THAT, Radisson!)
   Pam was friendly, fun, and frankly, fascinating. Some of my favorite "f" words! She lives with her husband and a sweet dog, and has spent more than 30 years (I think that's what she said, but she looked too young for that to be possible!) as a cardiac nurse at Johns Hopkins medical center in Baltimore. She's getting her Master's degree now, in her free time. She was in San Francisco for a medical conference, and talked about how excellent the continuing training and education opportunities are at JH. (To which I nodded, because that's one thing we all love about Hallmark!) She also has an 18 year old daughter who loves the outdoors and wants to study art. So I had fun telling her all about my day of hiking in Muir Woods.
   As before, I'm not sure what will come out of this interaction, but I got the distinct feeling that SOMETHING would. I just hope this doesn't mean I'll be at JH for heart surgery someday—no offense!!!  :)
   So to sum up my San Francisco adventure, I will quote the fortune that I received after my Thai lunch on Saturday with Tiffany, which is that "You will be fortunate in the opportunities presented to you." 
   I already am, and I hope that I will continue to be, and believe me: I am grateful for every single one.

No comments:

Post a Comment