Saturday, June 11, 2011

Visit from the Fam

   Dad, Diane & Lindsey drove in from Columbus this evening. And they delivered this amazing painting by Tamara Peterson, of which I am now the proud owner. Have to figure out where to hang it. The dining room is probably the place. Which is perfect, because now I can sit down and stare at it all day because I love it so much.
   Tam was one of a small handful of my very very favorite instructors at CCAD, and I owe a lot to her for all she taught me about design, color, craftsmanship, work ethic, and life in general. She was a critical influence during my most formative years as an artist. And now that I'm leading a team I realize how important all the "other stuff" she taught me is, too... and holy cow, that lady can PAINT!
No caption needed. Huge smile says it all!
   My animals especially liked Lindsey. She seems to be a natural with them, and Gypsy even does "招き猫" for her. Though she looks slightly annoyed in this particular photo:
Lindsey tries to capture The Gyp doing Maneki Neko.
   I called my home phone from my cell phone to show off Aki's best trick. She howls every time it rings. No idea why. Taylor doesn't get it either. But I think it's pretty charming!
Aki does her howl-at-the-phone trick, right on cue
   We made it a low-key evening since we all had to get up early in the morning for Dog-n-Jog...

No comments:

Post a Comment