Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cleaner & Kitty

   I'd like to sincerely thank everyone who supported my work at Hallmarket—my house no longer smells like pets. And Kismet would like to thank you for the box. I had grand ideas of putting that money towards something exciting like my continued foray into Scuba training, but sometimes necessity trumps awesome-ocity.
   I bought my first Hoover carpet cleaner (it does upholstery and hard floors too). Though I've rented carpet cleaners and even dragged my rugs onto the deck and hosed them down before in desperation; having had two older kitties with kidney problems, a mishap with a pet water fountain (the dogs would excitedly over-drink and then pee in their beds while they slept), and countless foster Shibas come and go, it was time to get serious.
   I spent a couple of hours this morning repeatedly cleaning the three rugs, thankful that I bought a house with all hardwood floors. Judging from the color of the water that came off them, the fresh scent, and the strong suction that made it a total-body workout to move the thing, I got a good one. It's a little tall for me to carry such a heavy thing up and down the stairs, but I'll get used to it. 
Kismet had fun.
Who's that in there?
Peekaboo
Attacking me through the porthole

No comments:

Post a Comment