Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cookout crowd

   I was feeling surprisingly energetic following the race, and excited to try out my new outdoor seating area, so I invited a few friends and neighbors over to join me for a cookout.

   I manned the grill and cook up some beef and turkey burgers, grilled sweet potatoes, and oven roasted kale chips. Kelly brought chicken sausage with roasted peppers & asiago cheese, and hot dogs. Yum! And Abby and Scot brought brownies, giant marshmallows, and graham crackers. So we improvised our own kind of S'mores... Hereafter known as the ONLY kind of S'mores!

    Taylor is silently hoped that a marshmallow would be dropped upon the ground, with no luck.
   I can already tell how much I'm going to love having the fire pit. We burned through about half of the tree limbs that came down in my yard this past week! Suddenly I'm hoping I have more sticks fall to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment