Friday, June 20, 2014

Cideriffic!

   Amy and I had a blast with the tickets that Kristin gave us to the cider summit. There were at least 37 Brewers, many from the Pacific Northwest and from Portland specifically, and a few from further reaches. I've always enjoyed a good cider, although I've mostly tried the mass-market variety, and must confess that I didn't know much about them. It's amazing how much you can learn through tasting alone, and it was a pleasure to be able to talk to employees about their craft. And to drink it.
   The weather was sunny and gorgeous (we sure this is Portland?) on this trip, just as it was in March… Not a drop of rain. In the setting was perfect, in a small local park surrounded by a downtown Portland, just off the waterfront.
   Here I am, showing off my new henna tattoo:
before
after
    And afterwards, dinner at Andina perfectly completed the day.
   ...With a sour cherry on top, to perfectly complement the delicious cherry ciders.

No comments:

Post a Comment