Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thunderstormy start doesn't dampen

   Not everyone likes to run in the rain. Fortunately, I love it. A perfectly cool morning for race for the cure. I can't even remember the last time I ran a race in the rain; it's one of my favorite things, particularly downtown with the colored lights reflecting off the pavement.
   And although I desperately need to mow the grass, looks like I'm off the hook for today. (I may be losing dogs out in the back yard if I'm not careful!)
    As the finish line photo demonstrates, I edged out stroller guy who was really giving me a run for my money in the home stretch, and nearly caught up with greenie. My overall time wasn't fantastic: I finished in 26:43, or 8:38 per mile. But I haven't been training, and it was muggy, and a brand-new course, and whatev's… This is supposed to be fun, after all... :)
    Still at Union Station: the King Tut exhibit, with this giant Anubis statue. Its eyes glow at night, wonderfully creepy! My first thought when I saw it was, "Oh great, a giant shiba inu. Because their egos aren't big enough already!?"
   Later, I'm going to Ginny's house to make some art. She's teaching me a new technique, and I can't wait to try it! Perfect rainy day activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment