Thursday, October 23, 2014

Halloween surprise

   Be careful running at night, you never know who you might meet! I switch up my route around my neighborhood frequently, precisely so I discover new things. And tonight it was a fantastic front yard walk through haunted house at 78th and Hemlock. It was truly amazing and it's detail and included a lot of anima Tronic skeletons on rides, spooky sounds, music, and much more. No tickets required!
Scary-go-round!
   I started my run before game two of the World Series (Royals vs. Giants) began, but this was my long run night, so it was an hour into the game by the time I finished. But don't think for a second that meant that I missed the game. I centered my run around downtown Overlin Park. The weather was a balmy 70° for October, and all the bars and restaurants that were showing the game had their windows and doors wide-open. I could hear the chanting of "let's go Royals!" Blocks away. So I was able to circle back around and keep tabs on the game. (And I DVR'd it too.) it was exhilarating to see the Royals crush the Giants, only a night after the Giants crushed them. Looks like it's going to be a great series!

No comments:

Post a Comment