Friday, October 24, 2014

How about a little cuttle?

   A bunch of my coworkers got back from Hong Kong earlier this week, and one of them bought this bag of dried cuttlefish snacks which originated in Japan. And today it finally happened: Bill opened the bag and took a bite, to the horror of everyone standing nearby, then held the bag out to me and asked me if I wanted to try one too. And of course the answer was yes. I dove in for the tentacles first and took them off in one bite, and found it to be not unpleasant at all. The smell was strong and slightly offputting, but the taste was like dried salmon or tuna... just very salty. And chewy. The problem for me was not the taste, it made my jaw hurts to chew so much!
   And then I showed my peers a photo of a cuttlefish and instantaneously felt guilty for eating this incredible animal.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment