Sunday, November 2, 2014

Freezy Shibas

   Friday night turned out to be very cold for camping. I should have thought to look at the weather forecast, though I had my warmest gear with me already. Not sure what else I could have done for warmth. It got down to at least 23° overnight! It was so cold in the morning that I bribed the dogs with breakfast in bed, just so I wouldn't have to leave the tent too early and freeze before the sun started to work its magic.
   Otherwise, we had a blast, as always. Scott enjoyed a tasty eyeball doughnut. Perfect for Halloween weekend camping!
   Allyson kept warm while she microwaved some breakfast in the back of their camper. Their camper is nicely tricked out, with a full bar, and a coffee maker. Ready for any emergency! 
   Renée cleverly warded off intruders with a scary zombie on the back of the van:
   Todd and I went on an 8.5 mile run around the lake, in preparation for my upcoming half marathon. My legs were totally not feeling it, but we pushed through.
   It was due to warm up Saturday night and Sunday, but alas, I had to break camp Saturday afternoon. Dan and Sarah's going away party at the dive shop awaited me. The dog show their appreciation for being in a nice, warm house as soon as we returned. They rolled around on the rugs and howled like goofballs. Apparently they are too good to be sleeping on the cold, hard ground like animals. I'm expecting a call from PETA at any moment.
   I repaid them by spending much of Sunday morning on the couch under a blanket, catching up on episodes of Mad Men season six. (No spoilers; I will hurt you.) All three pets pinned me to the couch. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment