Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Scratchtastic

   I have wanted to figure out a way to satisfy Kismet's urge to scratch, to save my decrepit old furniture, so that I can replace it finally. For months, the simplest solution has been staring me in the face, and I finally noticed it. I took a carpet remnant that was left over from my bedroom rug, wrapped it around the column in the basement, and secured it with some simple straps. This way, the column won't be harmed, and the cat has a place to climb.
   It was a big hit before it was even complete: she began to climb it immediately! Hopefully it will keep her attention for a long, long time.
   Or, I could just keep wrapping Christmas gifts and shipping them. She seems to like the boxes even more. Maybe I'll just cover the entire house and carpet and empty boxes…

No comments:

Post a Comment