Sunday, January 25, 2015

Groundhoggin' it

   Let me start with the best news about this run: we raised over $243,000 to help children with special needs here in Kansas City! SO GOOD YOU WANT TO HUG A GIANT RODENT, RIGHT?!
   It was indeed Groundhog Day, as I have run this race many times, in either the 5K or 10K format... And have finished in roughly the same average speed. I was a little slower than normal today, since the flu, plantar fasciitis, tendinitis, and busy life in general have tampered with my training plan.
   Regardless of any challenges, I am thrilled to have been fit enough to run, and so happy to be surrounded by such great friends. I kept seeing David before the race, and Caroline during the race, and we all found each other in the VIP area afterwards. Madeline was a last-minute addition, as Jen K had to drop out due to a family emergency. It was so fun to have a buddy along for the ride, and she did great! The only bummer was that Rich is recovering from the flu and couldn't join us.
   I finished in 55:30.5, 25th in my age group, 397 overall, bib #4638. My PR at this race is 54:54. Not too bad considering what I've been up against...although I pushed myself harder than I really should have. Today was just fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment