Saturday, January 24, 2015

Awesome day!

   Today has been inexplicably awesome. It started out a little slow, as it was a little challenge to get out of my comfy bed. But I rallied and made it to yoga for a great class with Emily. Before the class started, I had a conversation with Katie who was on the mat next to me. She went through the teacher training program last year, and was telling me all about it. What an amazing accomplishment! Always nice to meet a new friend--it makes me look forward to Saturday class even more.
   Then for my next trick, I headed over to   KC Running Company, who has a screaming deal... Free hi-vis vest with the purchase on New Balance shoes. http://instagram.com/p/yN--17QDIZ/
   Technically I didn't need new shoes, but since the vast was over $100 value, it was worth it for me to shop! I worked with Chris, Who used a program on his iPad to perform a gait analysis on me on the treadmill. I've had people watch me run at other shops, but he was able to show me video of myself running, and show that I pronate slightly, and would benefit from light stability in my shoes, rather than pure neutrality. (Turns out that my current Adidas are just what I need--which is great because I can keep wearing them, and put my new new balance shoes in the closet until I'm ready to retire my Adidas.) 
   I had such a great experience working with Chris today! He spent so much time with me and was careful to ask me questions to make sure that he got me in the right shoe. He even consulted with me on my plantar fasciitis and tendinitis, and gave me some handouts on stretches and treatment. I wholeheartedly recommend this company for athletes. And hopefully this new glow in the dark, intense neon yellow vest will help keep me from getting killed on my night runs. Kansas drivers are frequently inattentive to runners. Here's a sneak preview of the glow come out with just a few minutes "charging" under a lightbulb.
   Then I made a stop at Price Chopper and bumped into a retired Hallmark artist whom I have always admired, Wendy Collins. She is known for her watercolor paintings of her old kitties, Geeky and Irv, named after a former Hallmark executive.) She said she is taking a sculpture class at Johnson County community college. She is happy and well, and we had a great conversation. She told me she follows my adventures on Facebook, and she confirmed what seems to be a popular perception that I'm not at work very often ;)  It was so nice to have a chance to catch up with Wendy!
   And as if all of that wasn't awesome enough, I got home in time to meet Mindy and Gary, who came into town from Atchison specifically to pick up the painting that I just completed for them. I hadn't met Gary before, so we really enjoyed talking, and I am so thrilled that they love their new painting of their corgi, Karma.
   And now it's 5 o'clock and I can't wait to see what other awesomeness is in store for today… My cup is already flowing over! Between these events and the great time I had at dinner last night, this weekend would have looked ordinary on paper, but it has been the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment