Friday, May 8, 2015

Full day of fun

     Today was about as awesome as they get. A refreshing morning run with my dogs. Meeting Maureen for a massage at the aptly-named Milagro spa. (I mean, who doesn't love hanging out naked under a super soft, fluffy robe at a gorgeous spa and feeling like a million bucks after having all your troubles rubbed away?) The adventure continued with lunch at the El Salvadorean restaurant. (My advice: get the steak, shrimp, and plantains.)
   Returning home, the grass had finally dried out enough to be mowed. Which is good, because with all the rain we've had in the last week, I half expected to see prehistoric creatures lurking in my backyard.… It was a total jungle back there! All three (lazy) dogs enjoyed hanging out and watching me work. Then I got the urge, after only about 10 short months with eight bags of mulch sitting in my garage, to mulch all the flowerbeds. It's amazing how beautiful and finished they look now! I even dug up and potted three different types of mint because…
   I finally got together with Amy for dinner! (So I gave the mint to her when she arrived.) We boarded the sushi train and stuffed ourselves, and caught up on everything we've missed since the last time we saw each other. And though it has been too long, it was as if no time had passed at all. Like I knew it would be. We talked about work, friends, the future, dreams, families, travel, and particularly our upcoming trip to Yosemite National Park.
   Days like this help me relax and keep the hope alive that a career bigger and more meaningful than I could have previously dreamed about is the head for me. The more I network and the more I converse with my friends, the more I feel like I am onto something…

No comments:

Post a Comment