Sunday, May 10, 2015

May showers

   What a surprise… It's raining again! Like it has pretty much every day for many days. I was hoping I could sit out on the deck and study scuba, but it is not to be, today. Ironically, scuba might be better studied under water, but I think I will keep dry. My house already smells like wet dogs and I don't need to exacerbate that problem.
   On the plus side, my yard and plants look amazing! And, I have all the windows open and can hear a cheerful little bird singing through the rain. (There's a lesson in there.) I wish I could identify bird calls so I would know what species it is. Such a charming little tune!
   I got a lot done inside today: washed my bed linens as well as all the dog beds (tasks that I don't enjoy, but we ALL enjoy climbing into a fresh, clean bed!), shampooed the rugs, studied, brushed the three dogs and gave them pedicures. That is, during the time that Kismet DIDN'T have me pinned to the couch!
   And then Brett treated me to Papa Keno's! Our timing was just right; we were able to sit out on the patio and enjoy the view of the looming, black thunderstorm clouds, without being hit by the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment