Monday, May 11, 2015

Ninja runner

   I earned my ninja badge on my morning run. I was only about a mile and a half along the way when my right foot caught a fault in the sidewalk, and my whole body lurched forward. My instincts were to do exactly the wrong thing, and catch myself with my hands, which surely would have been disastrous. Fortunately, my legs were stronger, faster, and smarter. Somehow I managed to run it out, and though it sent shockwaves up my body, I didn't fall. I finished 5 miles without further incident. Whew! That'll wake you up. Based on how my lower back felt yesterday, I think I strained it hauling dive gear on Saturday. It will be interesting to see how this complicates things…
   When I got home, these my faithful friends jumped in my lap to greet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment