Sunday, January 3, 2016

Petris

   Four days out from surgery, Aki is still in great discomfort. Partly from the incision itself, which looks bruised and fairly angry. And partly from having to wear the cumbersome cone. Last night I slept on the couch next to her, the only way I can guarantee that she doesn't jump down or bother her incision. She seemed to sleep great. Me, not so much. She even had me outside at 4 AM for a potty break--and then she promptly went back to sleep.
   The only way she's going to heal will be for her to get proper rest, so I am glad for her that she had a good night. Today's going to be a little rough for me, however. Have to admit I totally underestimated how difficult her recovery would be for me, logistically and emotionally. It's difficult to see someone you love go through such a rough recovery. #petris #jenrareyart #jenspets #somuchforsleep #crowdedcouch 


No comments:

Post a Comment