Saturday, January 2, 2016

Scuba Saturday

   I hadn't been diving since July in Hawaii (though I'd been freediving and snorkeling in Mexico in July, and Hawaii in September). So I was thrilled when my buddy and dive mentor, Dan Olexa, recommended me to do a refresher for Manuel, his "little brother." Manuel and I had dived together before; back in 2014 we did our pool work for dry suit certification together.
   Manuel contacted me this week to see how quickly we could get together--he is leaving tomorrow morning on a cruise bound for Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel, and will be able to dive in all three places! His first ocean dives. Nice choices!!
   He hadn't been diving since 2014, but you'd never know it--he recalled everything like a pro and we had such fun reviewing skills and talking GoPro; he just bought the same one I have. So I loaned my accessories to him to try and made him promise to share photos upon his return. 
   Can't wait to hear about his adventures! Teaching is so rewarding--to help students experience something so incredible is a real blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment