Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Breck-neck speed

   Restless is right! In four short days (and despite the worst case of altitude sickness I have encountered so far) I rode  67.4 miles, a total of 59k vertical feet, with a max speed of 32 mph, and an average of 15. Not too shabby considering how headachy and winded I was the first two days, plus, I hadn't been riding in a year! All bragging aside, the best part is that all of my friends and I returned with no injuries.
   Although I'm still heartbroken that Maureen and Terry had to cancel at the last minute for a family emergency, Tracy, Kelly, Bryan and I had a fantastic trip. We savored all the best that Breckenridge had to offer, including 15+ inches of fresh powder, and meals at Ember, Modis, Mi Casa, and Relish. The line at crêpes à la cart was still too long, so I haven't tried those yet. ;)
   From the crazy time trying to get out of Kansas City airport into Denver, to the very last ride down the slopes, it was a whirlwind five days, over too soon as always. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment