Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Funky little shack

   Well, this weekend I conquered another deep-seated fear. (Coincidentally, right at the seven year anniversary of when I learned to swim.) I sang. On a stage. With people listening to me. And I survived.
   Amy and I had just enjoyed catching up over a lovely sushi dinner at one of our favorite places. When the restaurant was closing before we were ready to wrap up, we headed to a karaoke bar down the street for a drink. I really thought we were just going to have a drink. 
   I did not anticipate running into Madeline's friend Andre, who bought us each a drink and coerced us onstage to be his ladies on "Love Shack" by the B-52s. Normally, I never would have agreed, but we were having such a good time that I could scarcely say no. And although I almost hate to admit it, I actually really enjoyed it. And I wasn't even remotely drunk--for the record!!!
   This story does not end there however. I posted a couple of our photos onstage on Instagram the next day. And... they were liked by the B-52s' official Instagram account. Mind blown. Their music has made countless people around the world so happy, myself included. The icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment