Sunday, August 28, 2016

The creative process revealed

   I wish I knew who wrote this, because I love it. A friend shared it on Facebook and it elicited a very genuine laugh out loud from me!
   I think that on the outside, creative work seems like it's all fun all the time, and that it comes easily to us. Most of the time, that is just not true! It takes not only inborn talent, but years of hard work and experience in order to make it look so easy.
   This made me laugh because, for particularly challenging assignments, this is the thought process. Initial excitement, then realization that it really is a difficult task, self-doubt, and finally, huge victory! And the transition from one to the next may take moments, days, or weeks depending on the project. Perseverance wins in this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment