Sunday, December 4, 2016

Shiny and Brite

   Thought I would post a couple of "before" photos, because the ones "after" my cat destroys it will be far less beautiful. 
   These are what I have left of my 
Grandmother's Shiny Brite ornament collection from the 1940s-50s. Seven years ago a very energetic foster Shiba named Wiley was playing with my two dogs, and the three of them toppled the tree, shattering most of the ornaments. Although I was mortified at the time, now I can look back at it and laugh.
   I've done all I can to make sure my tree doesn't suffer the same fate this year, but Kismet is persistent… Wish me luck!
   PS: The other side of this bright pink ornament with the glitter stars is completely shattered, but I saved it because it is my favorite. I have never seen another just like it. If you ever see one, please let me know where to find it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment