Monday, May 17, 2010

Morning in Central Park

Despite my late bedtime, I sprung out of bed this morning, eager to get over to Central Park for a run. Armed with my camera in my Timbuk 2 bag (Thanks, Madeline!) I headed out past Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, & the crowd at NBC news. 
St. Patrick's Cathedral:
Another pretty church along the way:
Umm... yeah...
Manhattan Born!
Many of the park benches bear messages. I read every one:
The entrance to the Children's Zoo:
The jogging trail along the reservoir, with views of the city:
After a run, I walked for a while & found Cleopatra's Needle:
These guys were everywhere:
View down the steps from the Needle:
See what I mean? This guy had been treed by a large dog:
Dogs were everywhere... wish Aki & Taylor could have joined me!
These rocks appeared to be crawling onto the path:
With a lone saxophonist:
Great sculptures on the stone railing:
There were no shops in "the Mall."
But there were statues & flowers! I forgot to look for Balto.  : (
And the shops were not far away. Here's a "Sex & the City" window at Bergdorf's:
And a "women in history" themed window:
A graduation ceremony at Radio City:
And deja vu again:
Uh-oh. Encountered Magnolia Bakery...
And this followed me home:
Key lime cheesecake & iced coffee: breakfast of champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment