Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloweeeeen

   It's Halloween weekend! Getting ready to leave to stock up on candy for tomorrow night, but TONIGHT I am joining Allyson, Scott & Andrew to visit The Edge of Hell, one of KC's famous 12th Street haunted houses. Frankly, I can't believe I've never been before, 'cause I love that sort of thing, and I can't wait to see what the 5-story warehouse has in store! 
   Kelley sent this photo of her & Eric winning their friends' pumpkin-carving contest for the third year in a row, and I think it's pretty clear why... these are amazing!
Kristin & Jeff made some nice ones, too!
   Unfortunately I missed this year's Halloween party at work, which is usually quite elaborate, given that the participants are mostly artists. The prizes are worth the effort, too: iPods and gift certificates! They've gotten better since I last participated about 8 years ago, when Peter & Bill (my managers) made a giant hoops paper mache head & forced me to wear it. Oh yes, I said "forced." It was so heavy that I'm lucky that I didn't permanently crush any vertebrae! Looking for photos... stay tuned!
   The haunted house was FUN, but I am sure glad we had Scott to lead the way. Most of the 1/4 mile route through the warehouse was pitch black, and you had to feel your way through it. We were clinging to each other the whole way to make sure we didn't get separated. There were many different creepy scenes & animatronic freaks, and it was suspenseful to know that something was likely to jump out & scare you at any time, but not to know where or when. I won't give any spoilers, I'll just say that one of the funniest parts was when one of the actors screamed, "I'M RICK JAMES!"  The scariest part was the machine on the street corner when we left:

No comments:

Post a Comment