Monday, November 1, 2010

Never a dull moment

   This morning I got up early, fed the dogs & let them outside, then went upstairs to take a shower. The usual routine. Except that when I turned the water off I immediately heard wild barking. Awesome. I'm sure my neighbors really appreciate the 6 am wake up call! I threw a towel around myself & flew down the stairs, yanked the patio door open & saw the dogs standing near the door, looking up & barking at a dark silhouette on top of the bar. I jumped. At first I thought it was another raccoon, but it turned out to be a black cat, and his back was arched & his hair standing like a real Halloween kitty!
   I had disrupted the scene and distracted the dogs, who looked at me just long enough for kitty to make a run for it, hitting the deck & tearing around the side yard, scaling the 6' fence like it was nothing. He sat on top and glowered at the dogs, who were by then right under him. I dragged the dogs in the house to leave the cat in peace. I'm not sure if it was the neighbors' cat, Mitty Moo, or the suspected stray I saw the other day, but I'm betting he won't be back.
   Coincidentally, I had lunch with Madel today & she told me about Pinterest, which suffers from a terrible name but allows you to create "boards" of images that you like, categorized as you wish, & share them with friends. WOW. After a quick setup & Google image search, I turned up the images you see in this post. I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment