Wednesday, December 8, 2010

MMMaui...

   Been too busy this week to get working on my photos & get them uploaded, but I'm excited!!! Every time I peek at them I get to relive a bit of the magic. Oh yes, Hawaii is magic...
   I did my first two "real" Scuba dives on the trip, and just like everyone said, all my nerves faded as soon as I saw the coral & fish! Some of the creatures I saw were: Moorish Idol—my favorite!, yellow tang, raccoon butterflyfish, threadfin butterflyfish, milletseed butterflyfish, orangebar surgeonfish, zebra blenny, pinktail triggerfish, spotted puffers (Hawaiian Whitespotted Puffers?), needlefish, cornetfish, wrasse, bluespine unicorn fish, parrotfish, yellowstripe goatfish, manybar goatfish, black triggerfish, Hawaiian Dascyllus, Hawaiian Sergeant, Hawaiian Garden Eel (rare at the depth of 70'; in other parts of the world you have to dive down 140' to see them!), devil scorpionfish, leaf scorpionfish, black & slate pencil urchins, all kinds of coral, Hawaii's mascot, the humuhumunukunukuapua'a (reef triggerfish) and more! (The Moorish Idol photo below is from Wiki):

No comments:

Post a Comment