Friday, January 21, 2011

Never a dull moment

   This morning my allergist confirmed that it is highly likely that my outbreak that started as soon as I moved into our new department, is most likely caused by our new department. In the last few months the whole floor has been remodeled, with new drywall and paint, and carpet that had been cleaned, leaving a chemical smell. It's an old building and they are still tearing it up to create a new stairwell to the adjacent floors, so who knows what they stirred up. I half expect them to find a mammoth skeleton in the excavation process. Over the holiday weekend, my hives started to clear up, but they came right back. Awesome.
   Also, I'm allergic to the soap in all the bathrooms, so I keep a small bottle of allergy-free soap in the one closest to me. It has never been a problem in the last 3 years. But someone in our new area took it last week and didn't return it. So until I am able to replace it, I get hives on my hands & forearms. I left a note asking for the soap to be returned, and someone removed the note. There is a special place in hell for you, soap-stealer!

No comments:

Post a Comment