Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gorgeous weekend

   My favorite kinds of weekends are those when the weather is beautiful: sunny, warm and breezy; before the bugs are out, so I can open up all the windows in the house and the back door, giving the cats access to countless sunny spots and allowing the dogs to go outside at will. This weekend they've scarcely been inside, returning only to cool off for a moment and grab a drink of water. They like to lie in the grass under the trees and just observe and enjoy. (Makes me think I should make more time for the same!) I've had a lot to do, however, both in the house and yard, and running errands.
Aki keeps an eye on the front door and enjoys the breeze
   This morning I ran Scooter to the vet to have her knee checked, and to meet Jana, another MSIR volunteer who was transporting Akira. On the way home from the vet, I snapped that photo of the clouds. Wish I'd had my real camera instead of the Blackberry, but I think it's spectacular nonetheless. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather holds up for next weekend's Backpackin' 2: Electric Boogaloo!
   Although I had plenty to do, I couldn't resist taking the pups to Antioch Park for a run, especially after I learned of Nike's new challenge, in which they're donating $200,000 to help Japan recover from the earthquake and tsunami. We clocked another 4 miles racing all over the park, enjoying the blooming magnolias, redbuds, Bradford pear, and cherry trees. (How's that for Japanesey?) Hallmark is matching employee donations dollar-for-dollar, which makes me very proud to work for such a caring company.

No comments:

Post a Comment