Friday, November 15, 2013

Happiness

Love this list, the 21 habits of happy people:
Appreciate life.
Choose friends wisely.
 Be considerate.
Learn continuously.
Creative problem solving.
Do what they love.
Enjoy life.
Laugh.
Forgive.
Gratitude.
Invest in relationships.
Keep their word.
Meditate.
Mind their own business.
Optimism.
Love unconditionally.
Persistence.
Be proactive.
Self care.
Self confidence.
Take responsibility.
Be true to yourself.
I think a cat is pretty key, too. They must have forgotten that one.
   On a related, optimistic and creative note, author Jonathan Carroll posts great quotes on his Facebook page. I especially like this one (and intend to illustrate it when I get the chance): 
   "We are, as a species, addicted to story. Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories." — Jonathan Gottschall
   I think that sums up my life pretty well: embellishing the stories I live out in real life (in cartoons and in words), and relishing the ones that pop up in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment