Monday, January 27, 2014

Drawing time: Three wetsuits

   I mentioned in an earlier post that the swimming pool was a scant 69° on Saturday while we were diving. So I actually wore three wetsuits: a full-length 3mm, and then two 3mm shorties on top of it. I felt like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man! It looked a little something like this:
   I messed up my eyes in that first drawing where I am dipping my toe in the pool. I also meant to further exaggerate my size while wearing three wetsuits, for comic effect. That's the problem with drawing with pens, you can't erase. ;)
   This is the advantage to drawing old-school rather than on the computer. Sometimes things don't come out quite right, but often you surprise yourself with something you wouldn't have done in digital form, armed with the opportunity to make easy changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment