Monday, February 10, 2014

Quote: with the heart

   My financial advisor shared this quote in his weekly email: 
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” -- Helen Keller, American author and political activist
   Having seen my little nephew miraculously progressing through developmental challenges, and training the last few months with a deaf dive buddy, I'm learned to think differently about how we each perceive and interpret the world. It is amazing to me that Helen Keller, born with seemingly insurmountable challenges, became such an influential symbol of perseverance and taught us that differences are not necessarily disabilities. I thought this quote was wonderful and sweet, and definitely one to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment