Tuesday, April 28, 2015

KC, my home sweet home, for now

   Travel & Leisure announced the "most charming" cities. Kansas City made the list, and it really struck me that the thing they talked about was that Hallmark started here. Made me stop and think (again) about how much that family and that company impacted the entirety of Kansas City. From the art donated to Nelson Atkins museum for the public to enjoy – for free, to the incredible philanthropy and community support, the revitalization of downtown and further economic development, and of course the investment they have made in their own employees, many of whom have gone on to influence other cities and organizations. The Hall family sure has done a lot of good work here.
   As excited as I am about my new horizons, I will always be proud to call myself a Hallmarker!

No comments:

Post a Comment