Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Inspiration: Providence

   Love love love this post from art consultant Maria Brophy. The gist is that once you are fully committed to something, the universe conspires to put the right opportunities out there to make it possible. I fully believe in this principle (only about 1001 things have happened so far this year that have proven it to me!!!) and she articulates it very well. Thanks, Maria.
   She also gives excellent advice on how to handle a charity's request for free artwork or services. Wish I had read this ten years ago. Better late than never, as they say! When I had my full-time corporate job, I rarely thought twice about giving freely of my free time to help promote their events with my artwork. I think about it differently now that I depend on maximizing my earning opportunities as the hours tick away every day. I still want to help, and there are great ways to do it without jeopardizing my income.

No comments:

Post a Comment