Saturday, September 17, 2016

Craft Beer Festival of the Lost Township

   The name of this craft beer festival in Raytown, Missouri is a mouthful… And come to think of it, so is the featured product! Huge number of craft breweries, award-winning home brewers, and even a few distilleries. Which is why I was there… I was invited to pour on the fun at the Restless table. (That's Mike and Mike in the photo.)
   I also had a chance to sample three more of Crane Brewing's delicious sour beers: barrel-aged, tea weiss (using local Hugo tea), and beet weiss. Yes, as in the vegetables that taste like dirt. Generally I don't like beets, but this sour was fairly delightful, though it indeed tasted like dirt. The barrel-aged is my new favorite, followed by either the grapefruit gose or the kumquat weiss (not sure, because I sampled them in unmarked glasses, and they are virtually the same color).
   So much fun, and excellent people watching! Thanks to my friends at Restless Spirits for inviting me to help, had a blast!  Case in point: I don't know who that is, but I love his spunk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment