Sunday, September 18, 2016

Recycle this!

   This weekend I one-upped myself in terms of abject stupidity. (And this is coming from the woman who had to scale her own 6 foot privacy fence last week, because the garage door opener stopped working suddenly, and she has never hidden a key outdoors.)
   While getting ready to run errands Saturday morning, I noticed that the glass bin in my garage was overflowing. No, not because I'm alcoholic. Because I probably haven't emptied it in a year!  So I put it in the back of the car and drove to the nearest glass recycling receptacle.
   I struggled to lift the heavy bin full of glass over my head and steady it on the opening of the ginormous receptacle, preparing to gently and carefully dump the glass.
   Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans? Before I was ready, the weight of the glass shifted forward, and my entire bin went careening into the receptacle! Stunned, I weighed my options. I could purchase another bin, or retrieve this one. I'm not going to say which I chose, but if you happened to drive by and saw something that looked just like this, it definitely wasn't me. As far as you know.
   Ripple Glass could really do me a solid by lowering the openings on their bins, or at the very least, providing steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment