Friday, November 4, 2016

Oodles of noodles

   One of the very brightest lights in my life this year has been Mary, the crossing guard at the elementary school close to my home. I see her most every Monday through Friday when I walk the dogs as the kids are walking to school, and she has become a great friend. On those days when I'm tired, or not feeling well, or feeling a little down, going to visit with her has been highly motivating. She's funny, kind, thoughtful, and care so much for the kids. Truly an inspiration.
   This week she made homemade egg noodles, and as you can see from the photo above, she brought a large bag just for me! She told me to put them in the freezer and use them to make comforting soup in the winter. A touching and much appreciated gesture. It's amazing day strong ties you can build with strangers in a short amount of time. 
   So thankful for Mary, and all the people I've met as I instigated daily – or twice daily – walks this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment