Saturday, November 13, 2010

Feeling puny, but it's good to be small

   I realize that it's Saturday night & I should be doing something more exciting than blogging, but I'm still a bit lethargic from the sinus infection, and also from running around shopping all morning with Kelly (and lunch at Blanc... mmm!) So I'm on the couch with the heater on me, kitty on my lap, catching up on my magazine-reading. But I am definitely feeling better. I don't think my homemade chicken & veggie soup + the red wine are hurting matters. Or maybe it's because Dr. Pioli knows her stuff! The prescriptions she gave me started working right away. She had a great sense of humor too.
   I had a funny shopping experience tonight. I was bored & wanted to get out of the house, & ended up at a sporting goods store because I need to replace my 1-piece bathing suit, for swimming laps. My current one is several years old, and either I am shrinking or the suit is stretched out, because when I push off the wall the straps often fall off my shoulders, and it bunches in an unflattering way when I leave the water. Yeah, it's time.
   I went through a few racks of womens' suits, none very attractive, and none less than $65-85, and none in my size (the smallest was a 4). Rats. But wait, what's this? I turned around to discover a rack of girls' suits behind me. There's no way they could fit me... could they? No. Yes? NO! ...Maybe?
   Let's just say that I walked out with TWO very cute suits, and they fit perfectly, and they were on sale, and together they cost half of what one of the womens' suits cost. I can't wait to go to the pool! Or Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment